Can BBL Laser Treatments Treat Skin Cancer?
BBL or Broad Band Light Laser should not be used as a treatment for suspected skin cancers. While BBL is an excellent method to treat skin discolorations, brown spots, and age spots, BBL can not and should not be used to treat skin cancers.
BBL or Broad Band Light Laser is not a treatment for suspected skin cancers
BBL or Broad Band Light Laser should not be used as a treatment for suspected skin cancers. While BBL is an excellent method to treat skin discolorations, brown spots, and age spots, BBL can not and should not be used to treat skin cancers. The reason is the BBL is not an ablative or destructive laser. It does not eliminate or “destroy” skin. This is why you can actually have an BBL treatment and go back to work the same day ( with make-up of course ). Another reason, is skin cancers can be deep; and the BBL laser does not penetrate to the deeper layers of the Dermis. Finally, skin cancers are cancers.
Although most skin cancers are slow growing, they can be very destructive if not addressed properly by a plastic surgeon or dermatologist. Call for a consultation and be evaluated. Blog by: Phillip Chang, MD ( Aesthetica Cosmetic Surgery and Laser Center)
Most frequent questions and answers
Acne is the most common skin condition in the U.S. affecting nearly 50 million Americans at any time. Acne is caused when hair follicles become clogged with oil and dead skin cells. It can often be persistent and unsightly.
The Acne Clear BBL is a cutting-edge acne treatment that uses the power of light to comfortably and effectively clear acne without expensive creams or toxic medicines…
Brown sun and age spots are some of the first signs of aging and sun damage.
Treatment options include
- Creams such as hydroquinone and retin A. Hydroquinone is a bleaching agent while Retin A increases cellular turnover. Over-the-counter creams will generally not have high enough concentrations to be effective.
- Forever Young BBL – Cutting edge technology providing the most powerful and effective IPL option.
The Forever Young BBL uses Broad Band Light to alter skin melanin and rejuvenate cellular DNA. Instead of spending time and money on ineffective skin care products many of our patients have turned to the Forever Young BBL to make their skin more vibrant and youthful; reducing brown and red pigmentation problems, promoting collagen, and rejuvenating cellular DNA. It is the most popular laser treatment in our clinic.
What to expect from the Forever Young BBL:
- Treatments take 20-30 minutes
- Up to 80% improvement after a single treatment.
- Most patients will benefit from adding a Micro Laser Peel and a Profractional Laser Peel ( Triple Laser Package )
Fine facial lines and wrinkles are a result of UV sun damage, the breakdown of collagen, and a decrease in skin hydration. The Micro Laser Peel and the Profractional Laser are ablative lasers designed to reverse these changes.
- The Micro Laser Peel precisely ablates the surface skin in order to remove UV damaged skin
- The Profractional Laser ablates deep columns of skin that can reach to the deep dermis. This allows for skin contraction but it also encourages new cell grown and organizes new collagen
Results depend on the depth of treatment. Recovery from a maintenance treatment can be as little as a day; but recovery from aggressive treatments can be as much as 7 days. Many patients will benefit from the addition of the Forever Young BBL ( Triple Laser Package ).
More Articles For You
Advice from Norther Virginia’s Leading Provider of Cosmetic Surgery Procedures Breast implants are not meant
Advice from Northern Virginia’s Leading Provider of Cosmetic Surgery Procedures Botox is one of the