History of Plastic Surgery
Hindu surgeon Sushruta, working near the modern-day city of Varanasi described the “attached flap” method of plastic surgery in his 600 B.C.
History of Nasal Reconstruction
The art of plastic surgery started over two thousand years ago in Ancient India. In that time, shameful crimes such as adultery were punishable by amputating the convicts nose and/or ears. The first nasal reconstruction procedures were most likely reconstructive rhinoplasties ( nose jobs ) to repair noses and ears that were mutilated after this form of punishment. The art of nasal reconstruction was most likely further developed in the treatment of soldiers who lost body parts lost in battle. Hindu surgeon Sushruta, working near the modern-day city of Varanasi described the “attached flap” method of plastic surgery in his 600 B.C.
The technique was described in his writings called the Sushruta Samhita. The procedure involves reconstructing the nose by cutting skin from either the cheek or forehead, twisting the skin skin-side-out over a leaf of the appropriate size, and sewing the skin into place. The modern methods for nasal reconstruction were derived from these original descriptions, and really haven’t changed dramatically since that time. To keep the air passages open during healing, two polished wooden tubes would be inserted into the nostrils. This method of nasal reconstruction became known as the “Indian Method of Rhinoplasty” and was kept secret for centuries in India.
Most frequent questions and answers
Acne is the most common skin condition in the U.S. affecting nearly 50 million Americans at any time. Acne is caused when hair follicles become clogged with oil and dead skin cells. It can often be persistent and unsightly.
The Acne Clear BBL is a cutting-edge acne treatment that uses the power of light to comfortably and effectively clear acne without expensive creams or toxic medicines…
Brown sun and age spots are some of the first signs of aging and sun damage.
Treatment options include
- Creams such as hydroquinone and retin A. Hydroquinone is a bleaching agent while Retin A increases cellular turnover. Over-the-counter creams will generally not have high enough concentrations to be effective.
- Forever Young BBL – Cutting edge technology providing the most powerful and effective IPL option.
The Forever Young BBL uses Broad Band Light to alter skin melanin and rejuvenate cellular DNA. Instead of spending time and money on ineffective skin care products many of our patients have turned to the Forever Young BBL to make their skin more vibrant and youthful; reducing brown and red pigmentation problems, promoting collagen, and rejuvenating cellular DNA. It is the most popular laser treatment in our clinic.
What to expect from the Forever Young BBL:
- Treatments take 20-30 minutes
- Up to 80% improvement after a single treatment.
- Most patients will benefit from adding a Micro Laser Peel and a Profractional Laser Peel ( Triple Laser Package )
Fine facial lines and wrinkles are a result of UV sun damage, the breakdown of collagen, and a decrease in skin hydration. The Micro Laser Peel and the Profractional Laser are ablative lasers designed to reverse these changes.
- The Micro Laser Peel precisely ablates the surface skin in order to remove UV damaged skin
- The Profractional Laser ablates deep columns of skin that can reach to the deep dermis. This allows for skin contraction but it also encourages new cell grown and organizes new collagen
Results depend on the depth of treatment. Recovery from a maintenance treatment can be as little as a day; but recovery from aggressive treatments can be as much as 7 days. Many patients will benefit from the addition of the Forever Young BBL ( Triple Laser Package ).
More Articles For You
It’s a show that has graced our screens for over 25 seasons, and for it’s