Arm Lift Surgery Options
Leesburg | Loudoun | Virginia
Arm lift options are including surgical arm lifts as well as nonsurgical coolsculpting. Learn more about what is the appropriate option for you.
Leesburg | Loudoun | Virginia
Arm Lift Surgery
Enhancements of Female Sensuality
Cosmetic Arm Lift Surgery removes and sculpts excessive arm fat with or without the extra skin that comes with it. Many patients refer to their condition as the arm waddle or the bingo arms. Some patients will only have one or the other.
The cosmetic surgical options will depend on the amount of fat that needs to be removed as well as the amount of skin sag that has developed. Arm lift options included liposuction with or without a limited skin excision procedure, an extended incision procedure, or a modified extended arm lift incision that incorporates any excess skin along the lateral chest and breast.
The cosmetic surgical options will depend on the amount of fat that needs to be removed as well as the amount of skin sag that has developed. Arm lift options include:
- liposuction with or without
- a limited skin excision procedure
- extended incision procedure
- modified extended arm lift incision that incorporates any excess skin along the lateral chest and breast.
- application of a protective surgical tape on your incision for the first 1-2 weeks after your procedure. The surgical tape protects the incision from the outside environment while also maintaining a lubricating environment for your scar.
- Apply a lubricating scar ointment ( we use biocorneum) for the next 1-3 months. Ideally the ointment contains vitamin E, silicates, sunblock, and a gentle steroid. Our preference is biocorneum because it contains all of these elements in an easy to use pump applicator.
- Apply a silicone sheet for the 1-3 after surgery. Many patients will just use the sheet at night and use the ointment during the day.
- Steroid injection into the scar if it remains raised after 6 months
- Profractional laser remodeling if it remains raised or conspicuous after 6 months.
A limited incision arm lift is a technique designed for patients with minimal to moderate skin sag that is located mostly in the tissue towards the underarm area.
It is performed by placement removing a horizontal crescent of tissue in the axilla. The scar is hidden in the axilla. Liposuction is added if necessary.
Most patients can return to work in less than a week
An extended or vertical arm lift is a technique designed for patients with moderate to severe skin sag that usually extends from the axilla to the elbows.
The extended arm lift with a scar that extends from the axilla to the elbow. It is hidden in the body side of the arm so that it remains hidden with the arms down. Liposuction is added if necessary.
Most patients can return to work in 7-10 days. Final results, however, are not apparent for 6 to 12 months.
An extended or vertical arm lift can be extended from the axilla to the breast. This modified procedure is particularly common in patients who have lost a tremendous amount of weight. Tremendous weight loss patients will show excessive skin in many areas of the body including the arms, breast, trunk, and thighs. In reality, excessive skin can be seen anywhere on the body. Liposuction is added if necessary.
Most patients can return to work in 1-2 weeks. Final results, however, are not apparent for 6 to 12 months.
Limited Incision Arm Lift
- Scar is located in the arm pit and difficult to see
Extended or Vertical Incision Arm Lift
- Incision is in the biceps groove line extended from the axilla to the elbow
Extended Arm Lift extended to the breast and lateral chest
- The extended arm lift incision located is in the biceps groove line seen from the axilla to the elbow is extended from the axilla down the side of the chest to the breast. This extension reduces the loss skin along the lateral chest and contributes the cosmetic improvement seen with adding a breast lift or reduction procedure.
The thin skin of the upper arm does not have a very good ability to contract or shrink. For this reason, once the skin is stretched after gaining weight, the skin remains loose even after weight loss.
For for young patients that are beginning to gain weight in their arms, a potential strategy that can prevent the need for a surgical lift in the future is to prevent the fat from accumulating in the first place with Coolsculpting nonsurgical fat removal or a very small office based liposuction procedure.
Bingo arms is a lay term I hear from many of my prospective patients given to the visual of a person with large arms that tend to flap around with the arms are raised.
Approximately 12 to 18 months
Why Should You Get Your Cosmetic Surgery At Aesthetica?
AESTHETICA HAS BEEN VOTED #1 IN NORTHERN VIRGINIA AND THE LOUDOUN TIMEs MIRROR FOR MULTIPLE YEARS IN A ROW
Meet Your Treatment Team
Aesthetica is one of the premier centers for Laser and Cosmetic Surgery Procedures in Northern Virginia. Meet your Cosmetic Nurses Katy, Angie, Mel, as well as the rest of your Aesthetica Leesburg Treatment Team in Northern Virginia.
Are you ready?
Come in for your complimentary consultation! Your consultation will be with Dr. Chang and not with a sales coordinator.
Tips To Make Your Treatments
Patients that prebook their next appointment decrease our administrative and marketing expenditures. Prebooking also ensures that your anti-aging efforts are optimized and decrease the time of your next visit. We want to pass these savings on to YOU! Pre-book to optimize your savings.
WRITE A REVIEW
We are confident that you will happy with your treatment. Help us spread the word about your treatment by writing a review on Google to not only help other potential patients learn more about your satisfaction with the treatment, but to help them learn more about Dr. Chang and the team at Aesthetica as well. In return, receive a credit toward your next service. We would love to thank you for your loyalty!
Stay in touch for exciting announcements and surprise discounts! Friends and patients that are on our Aesthetica Facebook and Instagram pages will not only stay up to date on the newest and greatest advancements in cosmetic surgery, but will receive exclusive offers for many of our services.
Executive Membership provides regular discounts on products and treatments. When you register you will automatically receive that month’s discount offer. If you plan to have multiple or regular procedures, consider Executive Membership for significant long-term savings!
REFER A FRIEND
Referring a friend is the ultimate demonstration of your satisfaction and appreciation. We want to show our appreciation by giving you something more in return. For every friend who you refer and has a treatment done, each of you will receive $100. Read more about our referral program here.
Contact Our Office:
Our office can provide you will helpful information, schedule a free consultation, and walk you through the process of having the procedure covered by your insurance.
Schedule Your Consultation!
Follow us online
Follow us on our other platform for more articles, plastic surgery images, and innovations on our social channels
Hours of Operation: M-Th 9am-5pm | Fri 9am-3pm | Closed Sat-Sun