Plastic Surgery Statistics provided by the American Society of Plastic Surgeons (ASPS) suggest that plastic surgery numbers are increasing year over year.
Plastic Surgery Numbers Are Increasing!
According to statistics taken from the American Society of Plastic Surgeons, cosmetic surgery procedures continue to increase year after year. These plastic surgery statistics and trends reflect what we see in our offices in Northern Virginia.
$16.7 billion were spent on cosmetic procedures in 2017. There were 17.5 million cosmetic procedures in 2017; this represents an increase of 2% from the year before.
There were 1.8 million cosmetic surgical procedures in 2017. This reflects an increase of 1% from the year before.
What Are The Most Common Plastic Surgery Procedures?
Cosmetic Surgery Statistics of Procedures in 13-19 year olds:
- Only 1% of all cosmetic surgery procedures were performed in this age group.
- Some of the most common procedures for teens included nose reshaping, male breast reduction, ear surgery, laser hair removal and laser skin resurfacing.
- 66,000 plastic surgery procedures were performed in this age group during 2017.
Cosmetic Surgery Statistics of Procedures in 20-29 years olds:
- 827,000 total cosmetic procedures were performed in patients in their 20’s.
- 260,000 of procedures performed in this age group were surgical.
Cosmetic Surgery Statistics of Procedures in 30-39 years olds:
- 2.8 million total cosmetic procedures were performed in patients in their 30’s.
- 387,000 of procedures performed in this age group were surgical.
Cosmetic Surgery Statistics of Procedures in 40-54 years olds:
- 7.7M total cosmetic procedures were performed on patients in their 40’s.
- 564,000 of procedures performed in this age group were surgical.
Cosmetic Surgery Statistics of Procedures in 55 and over:
- 4.1M total cosmetic procedures were performed in patients in their 50’s.
- 384,000 of procedures performed in this age group were surgical.Statistics of
Plastic Surgery Statistics
- 92% of all cosmetic procedures were performed in women.
- 8% of all cosmetic procedures were performed in men.
- The majority of procedures in order of ethnicity were Caucasians, Hispanics, African Americans, and Asian Americans.
- The top five plastic surgery procedures were breast augmentation, liposuction, nose reshaping and rhinoplasty, eyelid surgery, and the tummy tuck.
What is the American Society of Plastic Surgeons?
The American Society of Plastic Surgeons (ASPS) is the largest organization of board-certified plastic surgeons in the world. With more than 7,000 members, the Society is recognized as a leading authority and information source on cosmetic and reconstructive plastic surgery.
The ASPS comprises more than 94 percent of all board-certified plastic surgeons in the United States. Consumers can visit the ASPS at PlasticSurgery.org. Dr. Chang is a long-standing member of the ASPS.
Finding the Best Plastic Reduction Surgeon in Virginia
Dr. Phillip Chang is known to be one of the best surgeons in Virginia after performing thousands of procedures for almost 20 years. His innovative techniques have been highlighted in national magazines and educational channels prompting patients across the country to send revision breast reduction procedures to his office in Northern Virginia outside of Washington, DC.
Visit his office in Leesburg, Virginia in Loudoun County or fill out the contact form below for more information on how we can help you with your plastic surgery plans.
Our office can provide you will helpful information, schedule a free consultation, and even provide a complimentary Vectra 3D scan for you.
Contact Dr. Chang's Office:
Check Out Recent Blog Posts:
So you’re loving your saline breast implants. You feel confident and beautiful. But it’s been a while since your surgery. Is it time to give
Take a look at someone’s face. What’s the first thing you notice? The nose is the central feature of the face and often the first
Bottoms come in all shapes and sizes: small, big, flat, and perky. And, celebrities like Kim Kardashian and Jennifer Lopez have popularized the beauty of
Breast augmentation is a s surgical procedure to enhance the size and shape of the breast using saline or silicone breast implants. We can sometimes even use your own fat… if you have enough.
Breast lift is also called a mastopexy. It is a procedure designed to lift breasts that have begun to sag either with age or after having children. 3 techniques are used to lift the breast, reshape the breast, and to reduce the size of the areola
Mommy Makeover is a procedure tailored specifically to how your body has changed after having children. It usually includes a breast augmentation or lift, a tummy tuck, liposuction, and/or vaginal rejuvenation.
Other Northern Virginia Companies!
Radiance Salon and Medi-Spa
Radiance is a upscale salon and medical spa with highly trained hair stylists, master estheticians, nail technicians and cosmetic nurses that can offer a complete beauty package for our patients.
Virginia Infusion Therapies
We are happy to endorse the Virginia Infusion Therapies, who provides essential treatments for patients who suffer from debilitating depression. The majority of patients who suffer from depression fail conventional options including antidepressants and talk therapy. Ketamine infusion has been shown to be effective in close to 70% of patients who otherwise fail conventional options for their depression.
Medi Weightloss Center
Medi provides physician-supervised weight loss and nutritional counseling. Their services are ideal for patients hoping to lose weight before surgery or maintain their cosmetic results after surgery.